83 Miles - 8 Schools - 1 Purpose
Meals ‘til Monday provides weekend, kid-friendly meals to elementary school children in Elida, Franklin (Delphos), Spencerville, Wapak, Cridersville, Perry, Allen East, and Bath. On June 1, 2013, you will have the opportunity to participate in the first relay in the Lima area connecting each of these schools to one another. This will NOT be a race, but an Awareness Run. Here are the details:
- Awareness Relay Run links the 8 current Meals 'til Monday partner schools.
- The relay begins June 1, 2013 at 6:00 am sharp.
- Starting at Elida, runners travel to Franklin (Delphos), Spencerville, Wapak, Cridersville, Perry, Allen East, Bath, and back to Elida. MAP
- Teams can be up to 8 persons (one for each leg of the run) and as small as 1 (some people are like that).
- One person from each team needs to run from one school to the next, thus linking the mTm schools. (shortest mileage around 8 – longest around 15)
- We will be holding a 9-10 minute mile pace and running as a group. It will be a long day at 13-15 hours.
- Sheriff/Police escort to protect runners. This is not a race. The runners of each section are to stay together.
- Food/drinks provided at each school for the runners finishing their leg and for those getting ready to start the next. Additional food provided at the end of the race, back at Elida Elementary to celebrate our accomplishments.
- No water stations. You will need to either carry your own or work with other team members to get any “on course” supplies.
- Cost will be $160.00 per team. This is paid at the time of sign up by the "Team Captain". Sign up will be through Active.
- Individual team members can log into Active, after the "Team Captain" creates a team, and sign up under their correct team name. There is no fee once the team is created.
- All registrations must be recieved by May 1, 2013. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
- The "Team Captain" will be responsible to confirm his/her team members names/info is correct by May 1, 2013. This is needed for both logistics and to get your team correct shirt sizes.
- Your $160.00 gets you food/drink at each school (exchange), a sweet shirt, invited to celebrate with us when it is over, and the opportunity to run around Allen and Auglaize Counties escorted (chased) by local sheriff. (How cool is that?)
- All teams are invited to join us in celebrating your team's accomplishment back at Elida at the end of the race. Food and drinks will be provided.
- Please check out the FAQ Page to sort out other details. Any unanswered questions? Feel free to contact MealstilMonday@yahoo.com.
All participants will need to provide a signed copy of the following waiver. This type of info will need to be collected by the Team Captain and given to mTm prior to the start of this event.
I acknowledge participation in a road race is a potentially hazardous activity and may result in various types of injury. I will not run in the June 1, 2013 Meals 'til Monday Awareness Run unless I am medically able. I assume all risks associated with this race, including but not limited to falls, contact with other runners, illness, and effects of the weather. I acknowledge and accept the risks of injury associated with participation in and transportation to and from this event. If I should suffer injury or illness, I authorize the officials of the race to use their discretion to have me transported to a medical facility, and I take full financial and legal responsibility for this action, whether such injury or illness arises out of the negligence of the event sponsor, the participants, or otherwise. I grant permission to Meals ‘til Monday use any photographs, videotapes, or any other record of this event for legitimate purposes of the event or their organization. Knowing this, I am participating in this event at my own risk.